Monday, July 09, 2007

Sip of Heaven

Am I turning into an alcoholic? Hah! Over dramatic self at its best…it is, at most,
a wine-holic. And that is if you include the very delicious Tia Maria, Peach Schnapps and sometimes a can of beer.
It was Rhododendron wine yesterday. It is fine white wine today. 2 bottles of Port wine were guzzled a few days ago. Some black currant vodka was offered last night. Ofcourse I declined. I hate vodka. I would much rather slowly sip and swim in the silken taste of wine.
Once upon a time, I used to think I am allergic to wine. Those were tragic days. And this stemmed from the fact that I am highly allergic to grapes. But come one trip to Goa and with a few anti-allergic tablets in my pocket and a bottle of wine, I finally realised that I am, in fact, not at all allergic to this drink of the demi-gods! And then began my very stable affair with wine – of all types and varieties – white, red, port, apricot, peach, apple, plum and even the above mentioned, rhododendron wine.

Now you see, Simla, my beloved hometown, is a place for wine lovers. Suddenly a burst of wine making has taken over that side of the state like a plague. Everywhere you go – departmental stores, hotels, tourist spots…there are so many wines…I am amazed at the stuff they make wine out of – every time I go there is a new type to taste and to celebrate to…never mind if there is no occasion for it….drinking wine is an occasion by itself if you ask me!

I am sitting at my laptop – sipping at my sparkling glass of wine, scribbling this nonsense, trying to do a shot breakdown for the film I am working on, and teaching my 8 year old cousin for her exam tomorrow – yes, I am the goddess of multitasking, I am super cool! *narcissistic guffaw*
I bought a diary today – handmade paper et al…I love stationary…never regret or feel a twinge at over-spending on it. I think stationary is meant to be splurged upon and to be hoarded. It is just so beautifully useful. I needed a diary. Well, I always need a diary…but to add to my collection. This time however, I needed one to scribble my thoughts in the train – I observe the most interesting people on the train…old women with such comforting faces, strange women who talk to themselves, kind faces, poor faces, happy faces, dissatisfied faces, gorgeous faces, innocent faces, annoying faces – and this makes me think…there are too many people in the world…all of them have a thousand stories to them…there are so many incidents in the world…can anyone write down all of them?...can anyone record each experience…I guess not…I guess it must be really tough being god. I sometimes also wonder…if god has a record of all the people on earth…its like this visual – of god and his helpers – and they are all surrounded by miles and miles of paper (handmade ofcourse!) which has the record of everything that happens on earth…wow…I think I visualise too much…I think I should give my imagination a break. I think I should go and get another glass of wine. Cheers!

No comments: