Thursday, August 02, 2007

Block Talk

“Your internet connection is experiencing problems or your network administrator has blocked Gmail chat.”

What it this I say? I am at home. With slight fever and a horrible headache. Took an off from work. And popped in a crocin. Slept for a while longer. And woke up pretty much okay. But by then it was an off from work so why bother? I might as well stay home. So I log onto gmail and want to chat with some friends. And I get this silly message out of the blue and in the middle of a conversation where I was cribbing and simultaneously gloating about being ill and hence being at home. I call up R to ask “who the hell is this network administrator and what does he think of himself?”, he gives me a nonchalant answer “log off and log on again”… as if I hadn’t done that like a million times before I called him for help – am I a total net retard?...uh NO! Then he tells me, it is guy who came to fix up the net connection at home – aha… I thought as much, but suddenly why would my gtalk be banned? Have I been doing some uncensored wordy exchanges through it… I don’t think so! This is infuriating!

Oh and this rambling reminds me – who the hell is this M anyway? My blog isn’t out for public scrutiny. It’s my space where I can and will say anything – nonsense or not – and then yesterday I had this comment on this earlier post – and I was like…eh who is this? Only my friends have this link and I mostly know their nicknames. So this uninvited intrusion irked me a bit. But I published the comment anyway – maybe he/she returns – this M – to leave some smart ass comment yet again…so if one can bother to comment, I am okay with publishing it. Phhhhbbbt !!!!!!

I went yesterday to see a flat where I may want to move in. It is in a beautiful society – in the heart of Bandra on Carter Road – the sea front is walking distance away, and so is Crepe station and Tangy Tomato. And decently priced even. Just that the deposit is going to burn a hole into my parent’s pockets. But there is nothing called perfection – in that wonderful almost furnished house, lives a girl who has a huge Boxer! I am petrified of stray dogs, I avoid all kinds of poodles and apsos and this is a huge terrifying looking brown and black boxer, for god’s sake! What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?

Hot friend J sent me a mail. Asking why I haven’t met him in so long and why are things so weird. I hate such topics – where there is so much talking and so many explanations. What do I tell him – ah yes, I don’t want to meet you right now and hang out with you because I, indeed, do not want to go out with you, so I am keeping you, my dear hot friend, at bay. What is annoying is that he stays at Bandra – so close to office and so convenient for hanging out – but I shall not and will not cross the line of control! *smug smile*

I had salaami & black olive sandwich for breakfast, with sprouts followed by cold coffee. I feel full, pampered and ready to sleep again.
So how do I solve this gtalk problem? How do I get in touch with the world that is out there again?
I am hoping switching off the computer/modem and restarting everything in an hour should miraculously do the trick. So I am going to try that before I have to call Mister Network fuckin’ Administrator. I am going back to sleep sweet sleep. Any comments on that, M? Indulge yourself.

*Disabling blogger.com also now?*
Let’s kill the network administrator.
Yawn!

No comments: