Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Everyday

You know how it is when it rains and you shoot it with macro lenses in high speed – every droplet looks like a shimmery globe that gently crashes onto you and bursts into a million beads. That’s how I see the rain – like bits of diamonds indulgently sprinkling from the skies. My headphones are big and shut out the world – shuts out the noise of the keyboard, shuts out the colleague who munches all day on chips, shuts me out and transports me to a space where nobody can enter. That is why I chose the workstation at the window – I love looking out – when it rains and the whole world is sparkling and the crow is splashing itself, when the sun shines and the warm yellow satin sheet bathes you, when the sky is gray and cold and stunningly menacing.

Today is just another day of the week. Everything will be the same. The way to office. The strangers in the subway. The work routine. The people. The timings. The only thing that changes is the weather. I hardly think we are limited to only the four seasons. I think there are thousands of them. Everyday when I look at the sky, it looks new. Everyday the clouds form new faces. Everyday the sun teases me differently, the rains splash me in a new way, the breeze makes my hair knot itself in assorted ways. Everyday is a new season.

7 comments:

Nimpipi said...

To everyday optimism then, my friend! =)
nicely you writes.

Mister Crowley said...

And then there's the butterfiles ;)

Scarlet said...

Nimps: compliment from you first thing today!! din badhiya jaayega ji! :D

Anonymous said...

Pretty preetttyyyyy..

Mister Crowley said...

Where is the Mayo, I say?

Ashesh said...

Wow. :)

Kunal said...

liked this a lot...every day is a new season...