Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Do-Not List

I do not like the colour grey.

I do not like it that my brilliant second cousin got brain fever at the age of 12 and never recovered.

I do not like sympathizing with her.

I do not like others lending me their sympathy. Though sometimes I do whine for it.

I do not like lukewarm conversations that start with a polite hi and end with a politer bye.

I do not like it that losing weight is such a pain and sweet cravings, uncontrollable.

I do not like it when people pluck flowers only in the day because one shouldn’t pluck them at night. Why pluck them anyway?

I do not like sugar coated responses to my mistakes. I wish people were more honest.

I do not like never ending chatter of intensely self centric people. I have my bad days too you know.

I do not like getting a zit. I am too old for this kind of agony.

I do not like it that I wonder about my choice of friends and if I could have chosen more prudently.

I do not like spending hours reading Anna Karenina when all I want to do is stare at the blank sky.

I do not like blank skies. This city is full of smog. My home town is full of stars.

I do not like that I am indecisive, unstable, obsessive and neurotic.

I do not like it when a certain someone is happy.

I do not like myself for not liking that.

I do not like early mornings.

I do not like cats.

I do not like non-sweet alcohol drinks. Except beer.

I do not like it that my closest childhood friend lives in the land of the Gujjus. I need her back.

I do not like the nomadic life I lead. Some day I’d like a house without a two year lease.

I do not like Delhi as much as I like Mumbai. Yes I confess.

I do not like summer.

I do not like it that my ‘like’ list might be shorter than my ‘do-not-like’ list. Who would have known?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You live in ggaon and not in Delhi! :D

Scarlet said...

when did living and liking become synonymous?

Anonymous said...

Haw!! You don't like early mornings?! You mustn't miss the blue hour. It can give one's day the best start esp. in summers.

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee said...

Do you like to draw a deep wound on a glass windows fogged by a incessant rain outside? It makes the same monotonous world look so colorful, isn't it?