Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ivorised

A hazy curtain does raise
Iron shutters be my eyelids
Like globular lead, my pupils –
Pupils that reflect nothing
Why so blank, so bland?

Downcast are my eyes
From left to right it darts
No tug at the mouth
Puckered, like my thoughts

Clad in red
Crossed grasshoppered legs
Fingers haven’t been spread so long
Scratching, spotting, scrambling
Across the sheets.

The walls are white
Four walls – no door
No window – no hole
Large, expansive –
Loud yet deathly silent.

And in the whites
Like a drop of blood
I sit frozen
And pen down my mind

Such mindless thought
Such mindful rot
In the ivory coloured room
With looms of space
The breathing expanse
I sit and jot.

That’s all I need
In whites and reds
I can live myself
I can immortalize –
My brain cells – preserve into words.

Then let me live
In lonely space
Let me breathe & let me write
Between passion & detachment – let me exist
So without regret, I may perish
Become cold & numb, even before I die.

No comments: