Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In Mourning

Lizzy lost his tail. He is uglier than before. Something I didn't think was even possible.
Lizzy had become an essential part of my cluttered room.
Now its Lizzy without a tail. I saw him scuttering across the room to hide himself under the bed - this was the same lizard who would flaunt its meaningless existence by crawling across my walls as if he owned it.
Poor Lizzy must be so ashamed. And traumatized.
This blog will maintain prosaic silence for a short while to mourn Lizzy's tail.
While I will silently pray that I don't step onto the now-detached rear end of Lizzy.
Amen.

p.s: Does a lizards have a soul? If Lizzy dies will his spirit haunt my room? Will Lizzy die of humiliation? Does a lizard think?
Oh no, we are back to that same question. Its a vicious cycle.
Err, also... do those tails grow back?

3 comments:

brushrush said...

The tails do grow back

Mister Crowley said...

yes, they do grow back...with Lizzy smirking to himself and thinking "I am the Lizard King. I can do anything"... ;)

Scarlet said...

it may have grown back, but poor humiliated lizzy, never showed its ugly self to me again. he is missed. also, a rat took shelter in my room the other day. i was petrified and got the huge thing chased out - i dont know why my clean room attracts such creatures! why why?