Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ta dah!

This page is supposed to reflect me. Yes? So I wanted to give it a new look – I loved the earlier photo up there too – it was so serene, so beautiful – and utterly depressing. So in honour of Nimpipi dedicating a post ONLY to me and only me (yes luv, I am still overwhelmed), I decided that it calls for a makeover.
So in the middle of the night I first opened the earlier photo, got the dimensions and got busy photoshopping. I would like to imagine I am a photoshopaholic – I can spend hours, days, nights just editing photos and doing fun stuff with them – you may ask the one who became my mock-client while I tried my best to please her tallness, and we sat making a collage for her through the night.

Anyhow, more on my weekend. Saturday was spent whiling away. I chatted with 2 taxi-wallas, one from UP and the other from Bihar – both abusing the shit out of Thackeray (after discovering that I am a North Indian too) – “madam taxi chalane mein darr lagta hai”, one said while the other one was more aggressive “kisi ko bhi haq hai bharat ke koi bhi pradesh mein naukri karne ka” followed by more ranting. I nodded vehemently and told them to stay put and said “koi aapka baal bhi banka nahin kar sakta”. Politics is going to the dogs, as much is Mumbai with its new-age molesters and jerks who jack off on trains. A friend commented “Mumbai is turning into Delhi” – I said oh no no no, no one beats up cabbies in Delhi just because they can’t say “kute and ikde” (marathi for where and here)! Dilli Dilli Dilli – when shall I return to thee, I count the days!

I also met a school friend today, who is getting married in 4 days – a classic arranged marriage with her to-be-husband being the first guy she met and said yes to. I wasn’t surprised to see her happy and content – I was almost envious though – because this much would never bring me happiness… I expect too much, want to much, need too much out of a man – so seeing people whose lives are so simple and so simply joyous makes me wonder if being a “thinking” woman is actually an advantage or mostly a tool that will ensure constant dissatisfaction with what one gets versus what one actually expects of life. So I called P, and she almost reprimanded me for even questioning it – yes, my friend probably doesn’t even know what she wants and is happy with what she is getting, but if she is happy, it can’t be that bad, right?
I, on the other hand, feel that I will never be happy and totally content – because life isn’t that simple for me and adjustment is a word I really don’t like. So that’s why seeing my small town friends settle down and happily so makes me ask myself – would I be happier if I were a little under-exposed to the goddamn exciting world with all its multiple possibilities? In any case, what can be done now – thinking is a habit that is impossible to discard – so once the process has begun, lets fight the consequences dear friends, lets think some more – lets think about how to put one to sleep at 3 am in the morning – ah yes, shut photoshop, post this entry, stare proudly at the made-over blog, close lid of laptop, switch off lights, get into bed, stop thought.
Goodnight.

4 comments:

Nimpipi said...

haan, bahut khoob. i like the header. that last bench was shit. screw calm and serene.

Ashesh said...

Ah, the sheer joy hearing how well the world depends on Computer Science geeks' creations.

Another thing Ish, being not exposed to the 'exciting' world and getting married is pretty much like doing something without knowing what more could've been done. So, its more like a compromise, a missed opportunity.

On the other hand, knowing about the limitless possibilities and waiting for the right person is probably the right thing to do - you wont miss out on any opportunity to do something different. Sometime I wonder, you know, what makes all of us want to conform to the norms? Why do we always want to things others so easily go through? Doesn't that show some insecurity?

Be confident Ish (I already know you are), and remember that there is no need to be like others. You are different in your own way because thats how you were meant to be. The choice is entirely yours. You can either live, or, be a mirror.

Anonymous said...

Nice..! Loving the banner :)

Mister Crowley said...

yes, the banner is quite nice...