Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cleansed and Buzzed

The day began with a resolution – to clean up my room like never before, to discard all the extra papers hiding in envelopes and folders, to slot out all my important documents in labelled files, and to settle my cupboards.

So the excursion began and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself thoroughly enjoying the deed – I colour coded my clothes (from light shades to dark and keeping them in stacks of their family of colours, my cupboard now looks like a palette for asian paints), and then I settled my shelves (placing the books in order of height and thickness) and proceeded to do the dressing table (that found the products categorised in hand lotions, foot creams, body wash’s, moisturisers, perfumes and lip balms)!

What really made me happy was the way I put the paper work in order – “Medical Bills”, “Medical Reports”, “Payslips”, “Appointment letters”, “Travel details”, “Bank Statements”, “Credit Card Documents”, and then the “Important Bills”, “Semi important bills” and “Photocopies of all documents”. I was so pleased with myself and my rarely surfacing Monica Gellar tendencies that I proceeded to treat myself with an extra long bath and then a trip to Mondys with my friends.

Now Mondys is synonymous to Mumbai for me. There would be no weekends without it! For those who don’t know, Mondys is short for Café Mondegar, perched at the beginning of Colaba Causeway with its white, black and green board calling out to me everytime to go there. And its not just the place but the staff there that makes me go there over and over again. Huxley, the manager, gives us tables really fast (and today we got that special “table with a view”), and he makes us feel super special and super safe (there has been a history of a dirty letchy man getting kicked out by the bouncer and 3 table-ful of big-eyed men getting displaced to 3 corners for us)! The beer is chilled and the pizzas are cheesy! But the true USP of Mondys is the jukebox and its “strictly no-trance, no-hip hop” policy – skim through it and find the Doors knocking at your head, Alanis throwing her lyrics at you and the classic rock numbers making you sway happily!

So Mondys it was – with college friends (who else? I don’t meet office people on weekends as a rule) – and we talked about old times and I laughed until I had tears in my big brown eyes and we ordered one pitcher after another and with a couple of more trips to the loo, we talked and laughed some more. So yes, I’d say this was an ideal Saturday – a cleaning spree, buying 2 dvds, wasting ourselves so wonderfully at Mondys and then lounging around in my lovely spic and span room with my laptop and more music.

And yes, why I still sound so cheerful is because there is tomorrow to sleep and shop and sleep some more. Come Monday and I am going to be depressed until next Saturday and write some cribby, pathetic posts till then. Bear with me friends for the weekend shall return and the joy restated.

8 comments:

Perakath said...

Nice to see a cheerful post I say! How is Mr Huxley's circulatory system holding up?

Scarlet said...

thank ooo P.
Mr. Huxleys circulatory system is doing just fine i suppose,he was in good cheer and his usual warm n healthy self!- plus all his pr skills have been leading to waiting lines even on weekdays.if i were a beeeeg shot,i'd hire him as the PR man! :) yes yes,i am now officially one of his fans!

Nimpipi said...

bevdi:)

Ashesh said...

:-)

Mister Crowley said...

Clean up room....*&@$$@#...whatswrongwithrandombitsofpaperfloatinginjoyfulharmony....grmpf.

Can't remember how long it's been since I visited Mondy's....one of the few things that I can miss about Bombay

Scarlet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scarlet said...

Mr.C - everyone loves a clean room.so much space.dance.skate.skip.hop.stretch. dont u like some space too? :D

mondys = mumbai = mondys. one would be nothing without the other.

Mister Crowley said...

yes, I DO like a clean room....only I also like substantial amounts of paper inside my room...just one of those weird quirks... ;)