Friday, March 28, 2008

Holiday. Home. Happiness.

Ohkay I am thrilled – I have watched it 6 times back to back and I cannot wait for May 30th – Sex and the City, the movie’s official trailer is finally out and I am so excited! The Body Shop near my house has a 40% off and I am finally going to be able to afford something there. I am such a chick sometimes!

But! But!! But!!!! - Most importantly, my people and the people of the world – yes yes its official (no, I am not getting married) – I am indeed coming to Delhi for a week long trip. The lord has finally listened to my prayers and I have got a 2 week holiday – where I intend to indulge in utter laziness, eat good food, go shopping, get a haircut, catch up with all my friends, go to Big Chill, and Janpath (oh my lack-of-footwear angst shall finally be over), and then a week in the lap of luxury in Simla – sleep, eat, walk in the woods, watch films, get a pedicure, lounge on the mall, take photos, visit my school – life shall, albeit for 2 weeks, be miraculously turned into my little haven.

So this plan was actually to happen in March but the evil three letters – KRA (Key Result Areas) held me back… and then the tedious dirty process got over and I managed to get a great rating (god only knows how), and now I take off to the better parts of India (yes, I mean North India) while my big fat bonus and the great year end hike gets deposited in my currently sparse bank account. Life is looking up. Now only if my parents weren’t being such a pain in the ear! But I plan to buy ear plugs from Heera Panna tomorrow – I really do!

I had the strangest nightmare the other night – I killed 2 people and then I was petrified that someone may find out so I hid them and then kept feeling guilty and headed to Marks and Spencer to shop (incidentally they were on sale in that sequence and I do think this is a result of ogling at the Body Shop board daily when I return from office!). Anyway, it was creepy and I woke up and messaged Pix who assured me that it was nothing really and that I am Uma Thurman! Uma Thurman it is then – I’d rather that than get Freud to find inklings of a serial killer in me!

Holi was nothing major. Just some dry pink and green gulal. And some red too. How can there not be red! Excellent food but no thandai, no bhaang, no nothing – kaise hai yeh log – see that’s why I miss North India – do you see why now? Do you? Do you?? And do you see why the thought of returning to my familiar pretty Dilli and Simla makes me grin like a fool all day?

Well, suddenly office seems bearable and colleagues seem okay, suddenly I am looking at Mumbai not-so-severely and I am trying to distract myself with the personal complications at hand. I think this is what happens when your office lets you free or atleast temporarily.

Come 11th and I am in apna Dilli for a good gorgeous week – this is a time to celebrate and to take out my little black organiser – so tell me people, for what day should I book you? Dinner? Lunch? A stroll? – tell me peeeeepal…. I am coming home to you!!

9 comments:

Ashesh said...

I like the way you've written about North India... yes. The better part of India!! YES!!

And well, Delhi and Simla. How lucky are you?

Anyways, have a really good time. I'm sorry I checked this a little late Ish... I was programming. Well, thats my life. I'm stuck here in the heat, but I love programming. This place is steaming.

Ashesh said...

I miss North India too. :(

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee said...

its a crime to host such a nice blog yet not publish its feed.you should be punished.and you punishment it that you would have to check my blog and put in some of your carefully crafted comments in there :)

Perakath said...

ai hai, I won't be in Del :(

Nimpipi said...

You sound so happy, baby!! Duuuri sahi jaye na! come faaaast!!

Mister Crowley said...

Yus, ain't no place like home, I say....also, it seems blogging about nightmares seems to be catching on *nudgenudgewinkwink*...the 2 guys who you killed...maybe they were recovery agents from your credit card company? :D I'd sure love to dream about killing the ones from mine ;)

Scarlet said...

Ash: you r mad to have left delhi and gone to some obscure corner of south india. atleast i am in mumbhai!! :)

Perakath: ai hai, i wish i knew why you wrote that. :D

nimpipi: ik ooncha lamba plane mein baith ke aati hoon! ta da da da da!!!

Mr C: they seemed more than some people i knew. creepy central! and i am going to watch Sweeny Todd now. *evil grin*

Ashesh said...

:( :( :(

Spilled said...

Oh you freak!!

Come, come to Delhi and it will all be true. Your dreamy ramblings will all come good.

See you real soon.

And we need to click lots of pictures this time. Lots. I hardly have anything latest with you guys..

C ya Chickie!
Pinkster