Monday, May 19, 2008

The Alcoholic Smoker

Weekend was just about okay. Some issues bogged me down. The tearjerker me resurfaced. Then I slept over my problems all Sunday. And woke up at 6pm ready to get drunk.
So the plan happened – P, the old friend has returned from London – had a short stint and Mumbai and relocated in Delhi – so he was in town and we went to Hard Rock Café.

Black tunic with red tube, black capris and blood red heels – I felt very Carrie – walked into a surprisingly empty Hard Rock and started the good ol’ catching up over LITs and Mojitos – was initially very disappointed with the strange Arabic music they were playing and then Teenage Wasteland changed the mood and the usual charm to the place was back. Jackie Shroff walked in looking very stoned – he has no neck anymore, really he doesn’t – his head ends and his shoulders start – it’s hilarious – he looks like one of those Russian dolls that have a round head attached to a round body! Being amply amused by him and getting reprimanded by my friend for being “oh-ever-so-mean”, I went back to my paneer shashlik and some strange crispy chicken things. The main highlight of the evening however was the fire-extinguisher shaped lighter that a friend has gifted me and that attracted all the waiters to my table – they swooned and they held it while I fashionably lit up a cigarette and smiled politely at them. P called me an “alcoholic smoker” – yes so I am the type that smokes ONLY when I drink and I follow it as a rule – and no, I don’t drink daily – its more of a once in 15 days phenomenon – so technically I maintain the fact that I don’t smoke. I am a non-smoker, I am I am! *stands at her balcony and shouts out loud*

I think along with Mondy’s, this will be another place I’ll miss when I am back in Delhi. But Café Morrison mostly makes up for the latter – nothing can replace Mondy’s though – and good ol’ Huxley throwing out the letchy man who winked at my friend! Mostly I will miss the jukebox – and my favourite song when I am down many beers – High by Lighthouse Family! I shall miss! I shall miss so much!!

But enough about getting nostalgic already – here I am not even close to getting a job in Delhi and I am talking about missing Mumbai. Shee. Must not and shall not count the chickens before they hatch… for now, the summer of this city and the monsoon that shall soon follow is enough for me to light up another cigarette in grief! Oh but no, an alcoholic smoker I am and an alcoholic smoker I shall always be. STRICTLY and ABSOLUTELY. So here’s to the next trip to Hard Rock or the next weekend in Mondys!
Cheers! *Puff Puff*

8 comments:

Nimpipi said...

whiny bitch, whats with the missing mumbai when all you've been dying to do that last bloody one year is come back!! sheesh.

ye ayea strictly and absolutely, we're all non smokers. maachis hai?:)

Scarlet said...

i sometimes feel that i like whining.
cribbing is an art-like everything else i do it well! :)

Mister Crowley said...

Mayo, sweetheart, it's nice to know you frequent joints that play The Who...but.....THE SONG'S NAME IS 'BABA O REILY'......not 'TEENAGE WASTELND'....argh *does frustrated little hops*

a fan apart said...

aah crowley, you got there first...was going to shout the exact same thing after finishing hopping...

Scarlet said...

Wikipedia says ""Baba O'Riley" (often erroneously called "Teenage Wasteland") is a song by the English rock band The Who, written by Pete Townshend, lead guitarist"

so i did err hmmph. to err is human. no?
stop hopping both of you!!! grrr!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaaaa!!! Hopping?!!?! ;)

You enjoy the vada pao land! Till you can.

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

schizophrenic salad
drinks smoked
I guess its not so desserting a place!! :D

Ashesh said...

*Puff Puff*
------------------------
*Huff Huff*

:-P